✧Guild Wars 2 Fanpage✧
this page is dedicated to my OCs, their perspective on the story, and some neat screenshots i've taken.
i've only finished the core storyline so far, so i'll be updating as i make my way through the other story content.
can you tell i main ranger lol
- Meet the Commanders -
✿ Willow Aldern ✿
- RACE: Sylvari
- GENDER: Cis Female (she/her)
- PROFESSION: Core Ranger
- HEIGHT: 5'4 (163cm)
- BIRTHDAY: June 12
- SUMMARY: Willow has been intensely shy her whole life, and frequently relied on her brother
Hazel to do the talking for her. Despite this, she's also always had a desire to learn, and had
a dream that one day she would see all of Tyria. This dream was sidetracked by the resurgence of
the dragons, and was almost crushed by the trauma of confronting the loss of life that comes
with war. Though the grief almost broke her, with the support of her brother and his new friend
Laila, she was able to pull through and defeat Zhaitan. She has now resumed her goal of exploring
Tyria, and has been learning more about what is possible for her as a Ranger in the process.
- PERSONALITY: Introverted, curious, compassionate, sincere
- LIKES: Exploration, her numerous pets, the jungles of Maguuma, cooking, gardening
- DISLIKES: Too many people, death, warm tempuratures, claustrophobic
- TRIVIA: Willow's room at the Terrace is (somewhat) affectionately called The Zoo, due to her
keeping her pets that aren't needed for her explorations in there. She almost compulsively adopts
animals she comes across that have no family, hence her vast array of creatures. She also sometimes
takes items that people leave behind, hence her Canthan hairpin despite not going to Cantha yet.
She's the only decent cook of my three commanders, and the only one that's any good at jumping
- SONG: Secret Garden by Spiritbox
☢ Hazel Aldern ☢
- RACE: Sylvari
- GENDER: Cis Male (he/him)
- PROFESSION: Core Engineer
- HEIGHT: 5'7 (169cm)
- BIRTHDAY: June 12
- SUMMARY: Pod twins with Willow, though he awakened 12 hours earlier. This early
awakening has led to him being very protective of his little sister. Eventually, due to
differing goals, he and Willow went their seperate ways for a while, and it was during this
time that he met Laila. They ran into Tybalt at the same time, and so they ended up going
on the same initiation mission together. During said mission, Hazel ended up getting very
drunk and was hitting on Laila. It was only when he sobered up and Tybalt told him what
happened that he realized he really did have a crush on her. These feelings, as well
as his desire to protect Willow, were put to the test during the battle at Orr.
Hazel proved himself to be the most reliable of the three commanders, and he
was the one to land the killing blow against the Elder Dragon. Running off
of such high emotions, he ended up kissing Laila, and it was then that
he realized his crush had turned into something deeper.
- PERSONALITY: Confident, resourceful, playful
- LIKES: Tinkering with lost charr and asura tech, chatting up people he finds
interesting, making people laugh
- DISLIKES: Isolation, getting too sincere, quiet
- TRIVIA: Since he's somehow always at the Terrace while Willow's away (and away
while Willow's there), he ends up taking care of her menagerie of animals. Somehow very
successful with the ladies, despite being so small and also a tree. Though he's the biggest
damage dealer of the three, he's actually physically kinda wimpy. He straight up does not
know about the asura experimenting on sylvari thing and no one has the heart to tell him.
- SONG: You've Got Another Thing by Judas Priest
ꕤ Laila Aulikki ꕤ
- RACE: Norn
- GENDER: Cis Female (she/her)
- PROFESSION: Mesmer
- HEIGHT: 9'0 (274cm)
- BIRTHDAY: July 5
- SUMMARY: Laila was born into an isolated Snow Leopard cult, which instilled in
her the idea that emotions are antithetical to logic. Thus, to best embody Snow Leopard,
she was taught to bury her emotions. This got easier due to bullying from her peers over
being a woman and tall even by norn standards, which thickened her skin. She eventually
managed to turn her reputation around by being a vital asset to her community. Eventually,
she had to leave the nest, and it was when she decided to join the Order of Whispers
that everything changed. First, she met Hazel, a charming sylvari with a similarly
strategic mind. When he began flirting with her during their initiation mission, she
was startled to find that he actually made her heart flutter. Then came the disaster
at Claw Island, and subsequent push to take down Zhaitan's forces. It was clear
the sylvari boy and his sister were not ready for a war yet, but she knew
she could help them become ready.
- PERSONALITY: Aloof, strategic, ambitious, brave
- LIKES: Rain, her mother's Snow Leopard Shrine, proving sexists wrong, Hazel
despite her best efforts
- DISLIKES: Warm weather, small spaces, condescension, liars
- TRIVIA: Laila has three siblings, all younger brothers. Her mesmer magic
shows up as icy blue butterflies. She only takes her mask off around people she trusts.
The fact that she's so much slower and clumsier than the Aldern twins frustrates her
to no end. Though it's not on her in-game model, Laila has freckles on her cheeks, shoulders,
- SONG: Blood Moon by TOWER
✓ current gameplay goals ✓
- map completion with willow, since i'm looking to make her a legendary like a fool.
- the legendary in question is the bifrost. in case u couldn't tell i think i'm gonna make her
a druid once i get to heart of thorns stuff lol.
- make my way through living world seasons 1 & 2
- since i get the impression that the heart of thorns stuff is Hard. i want to gear up some of my characters
*cough*laila*cough* since i don't even have everyone at all exotic yet lol
- i have 3 more non-commander characters i wanna make, which are a thief asura, a guardian charr, and a human elementalist.
however, i think i'll work on them at least after i finish the living world stuff first.
out of all the starter zones, i think the sylvari one will always be my favorite!
baby's first time in lion's arch!
from when i was leveling hazel. on his way to help my beloved rat ppl
from when i was leveling laila! yes i was leveling three characters at the same time bc i'm insane
though the vibes of the sylvari locations will always be my fave, divinity's reach is a very close second!
OMG HOW ARE U THAT SMALL
baby's first time in orr feat. my giant flamingo
baby's first shadow of the mad king! he blends lol. and no i still haven't beat that FUCKING CLOCKTOWER
so i didn't know these guys start showing up once u do the leyline anomaly event so i thought i found some kind of tyrian crytpid
hazel at his favorite date night spot, probably waiting on laila
will encounters a suprise tool that will help her later (and by help i mean mentally scar her for the rest of her life)